1. I was born on June 16th 1938.
2. My grandmother died at the age of ninety.
3. We were in England last year in April.
4. Life was very difficult in the Middle Ages.
5. We are working very hard at present.
6. I can run a kilometre in four minutes.
7. I'm going to run the 100 metres in five minutes' time.
8. We will go on Thursday morning.
9. Martha was very happy on her wedding day.
10. The book will be finished in ten days' time.
11. We will be there at about 10.
12. I'll see you at lunchtime.
13. At that time people were very poor.
14. I like to relax at the weekends.
15. In this country trains always arrive on time.
16. All the passengers arrived in time for the ferry.
17. We went to Paris last year.
18. I'll see her next Sunday.
19. I got married in 1962.
20. In this country it rains a lot in spring.
21. The match begins at 5.45.
22. There is very little work at the moment.
23. Petrol is going up in May.
24. I usually work in the garden on Sunday mornings.
25. We always have a party on New Year's day.
26. My grandfather is 62. He will probably retire in a few years' time.
27. If everyone speaks at the same time nobody will understand each other.
28. I can't sleep at night.
29. The second world war started in 1939.
30. We always go out on our wedding anniversary.
31. He went to bed at midnight and got up at 6.
32. Shakespeare was born at Stratford in 1564.
33. The old woman died in 1980, at the age of 95.
34. The train is leaving in five minutes.
35. Both horses arrived at the same time.
36. Little George began school at 5.
37. America was discovered by Columbus in 1492.
38. I'll be there in ten minutes.
39. I'll come to see you on Tuesday morning at eleven.
40. The course starts on October 4th and ends on June 20th.