1. We were in the classroom.
2. The table was in the centre.
3. The fish was in the water, in the river.
4. We were walking in the rain.
5. It was very difficult to do that in the past.
6. We came to live here in 1990.
7. We usually watch television in the evening, after tea.
8. They arrived in time to buy the tickets.
9. The little girl had oil in her hair.
10. She looked at herself in the mirror.
11. There was a lot of snow in/on the mountains.
12. I looked at it carefully in the light.
13. There were many planes in the sky.
14. There is something strange in that scene.
15. You have to pay in cash.
16. He told me in a low voice.
17. The old mansion was in ruins.
18. We are in time of peace.
19. We found the jug in pieces.
20. Both were in good health.
21. They were sitting in a circle around the old man.
22. He was dressed in a dark grey suit.
23. We are in a hurry. There is somebody in danger.
24. He was in a bad mood.
25. The family lived in poverty.
26. He was a tall man in his fifties.
27. He had a piece of bread in his right hand.
28. He played the match in place of his brother.
29. In view of his success he has come back this year.
30. The young couple walked hand in hand.
31. There were about fifty people in the room altogether.
32. The end is in sight.
33. This car is in very good condition.
34. There were many sheep in the field.
35. There are very few cars in this car park.
36. My father was in the room and my mother was in the kitchen.
37. The books were in his bag.
38. There are many floors/flats in this building.
39. 'When did you arrive in England?' 'I arrived in London yesterday.'
40. I saw him in his new car. His wife was in the back seat.