Moderate speed please.
Some phrases need to be read in two ways. Please do.
1. The more expensive the journeys are, the less people travel.
2 This boy is not as/so hard a worker as his brother (is).
3. This is the most expensive car (that) I have ever driven.
4. It was the happiest day of my life.
5. My daughter is just as clever as yours.
6. He is the most conceited man (that) I know.
7. Mary is the cleverest in her school.
8. The more money you make, the more money you spend.
9. This book is more interesting than the one I read yesterday.
10. This is the prettiest girl I have ever seen.
11. Computers are becoming more and more complicated.
12. This garden is just as big as ours.
13. This is the most interesting book (that) I have ever read.
14. The Tagus is the longest river in Spain.
15. The summer solstice is the longest day of the year.
16. The more you give him, the more he eats.
17. Flights are getting cheaper and cheaper.
18. The more you have to do, the less you do.
19. That boy is getting taller and taller.
20. I haven't got as/so few as you (have).
21. My car is the same as yours.
22. He is not so/as silly as he looks.
23. He was much taller than his brother.
24. I know that man better than you (do).
25. Look at those two boys. Which one is taller?
26. The farther you go the more difficulties you encounter.
27. Hard beds are healthier than soft ones.
28. Don't buy the expensive cherries; buy the cheap ones.
29. Which of these three is the strongest one?
30. I like the green one best.
31. I swim far better than he does.
32. You can't type as fast as me/I can.
33. He knows much more than I did at his age.
34. You are like my brother. Both of you are very similar/alike.
35. Why don't you cycle to work as/ like we do?
36. This is not such an honest person as that one.
37. We look alike, but we are very different from each other.
38. He is angry because my marks are the same as his.
39. Roses are very different from/to carnations.
40. We'll do something different from/than what we did last year.