Moderate speed, please. Thank you!
2000 bilingual phrases – 37
1. I'm not very particular about that.
2. Please give me full particulars.
3. I got a pass in mathematics.
4. That dirty old man has made a pass at your sister.
5. And soon afterwards he passed into oblivion.
6. The old man passed away at eighty.
7. We walked past the church.
8. He pushed past me.
9. These socks are past mending.
10. The children ran past the shop.
11. This is a bad patch of road.
12. We've struck a bad patch.
13. It will pay you to take that trip.
14. It pays not to eat too much.
15. Peace be with you.
16. May he rest in peace.
17. The police are here to keep the peace.
18. I'm going to take that guy down a peg or two.
19. I felt like a square peg in a round hole.
20. You have moved up another peg in our organization.
21. A penny for your thoughts.
22. That must have cost a pretty penny.
23. The penny has just dropped.
24. Churchill wrote a book: 'Peoples Of The World'.
25. I have a bone to pick with him.
26. Don't pick a quarrel with anybody.
27. Tell your son not to pick his nose.
28. I'm going to see if I can pick him out among the crowd.
29. I'll pick you up at your house.
30. The car was picking up speed.
31. I am going to have my picture taken for the passport.
32. Do you get the picture?
33. Put me in the picture.
34. That son of yours has a finger in every pie.
35. These exercises are a piece of cake.
36. I'll give him a piece of my mind.
37. This house is falling to pieces.
38. We'll have to take the machine to pieces.
39. A bullet pierced his heart.
40. A scream pierced the silence of the night.