1. That boy's got a cheek!
2. He's got the cheek of the devil.
3. There were loud cheers.
4. I'm really cheesed off with work.
5. Well, hard cheese!
6. They are chewing something over.
7. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
8. You're chicken.
9. I'm not a spring chicken, you know.
10. That man has had his chips.
11. He's like his father. A chip off the old block.
12. The chips are down.
13. This man has a chip on his shoulder.
14. I've never clapped eyes on him before.
15. He was clapped in jail.
16. The people were clapping their hands.
17. He was as clean as a new pin.
18. They took him to the cleaners.
19. I'm afraid I clean forgot.
20. I've lost everything. I'm clean out of money.
21. The evidence cleared him.
22. I want to make it clear that it wasn't me.
23. I can hear you loud and clear.
24. Do I make myself clear?
25. The lorry cleared the bridge.
26. Why don't you clear off?
27. When we finish the coffee, I'll clear the table.
28. They were dancing round the clock.
29. The two brothers bear a close resemblance.
30. It was a close shave.
31. They were close at hand.
32. Mr Smith is close on fifty.
33. He kept close to the text.
34. At last we brought it to a close.
35. Every cloud has a silver lining.
36. It's only a passing cloud.
37. The man was on cloud nine.
38. It's like carrying coals to Newcastle.
39. The boss hauled me over the coals.
40. It was as black as coal.