1. He pumped two shots into the man lying on the floor.
2. We have to pump the swimming pool dry.
3. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
4. You have to loosen the purse strings.
5. He was sent to prison for pushing heroin.
6. We have to push our products.
7. We pushed a good way into the Sahara desert.
8. The number of casualties is put at thirteen.
9. I find it difficult to put my thoughts into words.
10. He put his horse in a race.
11. He put a bullet through him.
12. He put the horse out of its misery.
13. He put a knife in his back.
14. Why don't you put the child to bed?
15. They put everybody to the sword.
16. I can't put up with your drinking any longer.
17. Put your clothes away in the wardrobe, will you?
18. They put him away for twenty years.
19. He put me off my food.
20. I put up in a small hotel in the outskirts
21. We'll give the enemy no quarter.
22. The quarter's phone bill is astronomical.
23. I saw them fighting at close quarters.
24. What quarter is the wind in?
25. It's just a question of patience.
26. I'm sorry, but that is out of the question.
27. When are you going to pop the question?
28. That comment cut him to the quick.
29. My boss has a quick temper.
30. This house is as quiet as a grave.
31. We'll do it on the quiet.
32. We were talking for quite a while.
33. Quite so! That's just what happened.
34. He is quite the worst singer I've ever heard.
35. I don't know what must have happened to her. I've racked my brains.
36. I'm racked by remorse.
37. The cough racked his whole body.
38. I'm racking my brains to find a solution.
39. Don't kick up such a racket.
40. That lottery is a racket.