1. Let go of the reins.
2. She let the cat out of the bag when she told the secret.
3. The rain didn't let up all week.
4. They let off the bomb.
5. We'll go out when the rain lets up.
6. I've followed your instructions to the letter.
7. She's the only one in the family with letters after her name.
8. The alcohol level in the blood is very high.
9. They were at ground level.
10. Mr Brown is on the level.
11. The school was levelled by the hurricane.
12. He is liable for military service.
13. It's liable to duties.
14. It's all a pack of lies.
15. The town lay before us.
16. You know where your interest lies.
17. The route lay across a desert.
18. The water lay two metres deep.
19. Worries lay heavily on his mind.
20. We lay about in the sun all day.
21. A cat has nine lives.
22. Nancy was the life and soul of the party.
23. And soon afterwards he departed this life.
24. They brought him back to life.
25. We'll sell our lives dearly.
26. The poor man took his own life.
27. They gave me a lift to the station.
28. The strongman lifted the heavy weights.
29. He didn't lift a finger to help us.
30. My father is a light sleeper.
31. I see things in a new light.
32. I'd love to see my name in lights.
33. Like father, like son.
34. They are as like as two peas in a pod.
35. That is just like him.
36. That's more like it.
37. What does she sing like?
38. This is not for the likes of you.
39. I have my likes and dislikes.
40. They sell pliers, screwdrivers and the like.
You can use our built-in RhinoRecorder to record from within your browser, or you may also use the form to upload an audio file for this Audio Request.
Don't have audio recording software? We recommend Audacity. It's free and easy to use.